Health, Safety, Environmental & Quality
Aberscot Services recognise the need for Health and Safety Management System to be in place and that the success of the company is dependent upon creating a competent workforce with the necessary knowledge, skills, training and experience to meet customer requirements. Accordingly, we value company employees as our greatest asset.
Aberscot Services Health & Safety Management System has been developed in order to implement the Health & Safety Policy Statement of Aberscot Services Cleaning and is based on the requirements of The Occupational Health and Safety Advisory Services BS OHSAS 18001:2007 and ISO 14001.
Our management system is intended to provide the Company with the elements and structure required for effective management of its Health & Safety obligations to its staff, clients and other persons who could be exposed to hazards associated with the Company’s activities. Furthermore, the management system is designed to cover operations both on-site and offsite when controlled by the Company’s employees. This demonstrates the company’s ability to provide a consistent service that meets our customer requirements.
The Management of Aberscot Services recognises that the health, safety and wellbeing of employees is of primary importance and ranks it equally with all other financial and operational considerations.
Aberscot services acknowledges the need to manage occupational health, safety and wellbeing through effective policy development, management systems and prevention programs which will be developed and implemented incorporating the following strategies:
- Commitment to establishing measurable objectives and targets to ensure continued improvement aimed at elimination of work-related injury and illness;
- Senior management commitment and active involvement;
- Managers’ and supervisors’ responsibilities clearly established for the occupational health safety and wellbeing of employees under their control;
- Effective communication and consultation with employees;
- Clearly defined and assigned roles, responsibilities, authorities and procedures for achieving Aberscot Services aims and objectives;
- Managers, supervisors and employees provided with appropriate and ongoing adequate training, instructions, information, and resources to enable them to fulfil their responsibilities.
The health and safety policy will be reviewed each year in consultation with employees (or where applicable with health and safety representatives) using established consultative mechanisms, and taking into account compliance obligations to all interested parties.